Until very recently, the isolation provided by the Himalaya mountains kept the majority of the Teaching and wisdom of Tibet from the rest of the world. However, with increased ease of travel and partially as a consequence of the exile of many of Tibet’s philosophers and teachers, this rich wisdom tradition is now spreading beyond traditional boundaries. PCF is committed to helping people access these Tibetan teachers, who are beneficiaries of centuries of philosophical training on the human condition and the intrinsic values of compassion and good heart. These teachings help individuals, and their communities, find joy and peace in helping others..
The Padma Charitable Foundation expresses its activities through the Buddhist teachings of Compassionate Bodhisattva Action. Our goal is to preserve and support Tibetan Buddhist teachings, making them accessible to all. We have worked on many activities to increase awareness of Buddhist principles, such as:
- The preservation of Buddhist teachings and texts.
- The translation of Buddhist texts.
- The sponsorship of esteemed Buddhist teachers, such as His Holiness Dudjom Rinpoche and Tulku Thakdral.
- Recording and sharing, freely, the teachings of our Spiritual Director, Lama Tsering Gyaltsen Rinpoche.
- Providing free teachings via our website.
- Sponsoring yearly events such as Saga Dawa, open to all, that teach about compassion for others.
- Monthly sponsorship of Ngagyur Dodjo Ling Monastery in Nepal which houses and teaches 65 monks.
Your support will aid in bringing authentic teachings to the West and to Tibetans in Asia who do not have access to teachers of their own culture.